Screen recording is an essential job. You can record your screen on your iPhone while playing a game or during an Instagram live-stream or to show/teach someone something on the phone. The video can be shared in a private message or uploaded on any social media platform. Given below are the steps to record your screen on any model of iPhone.
Screen recording is a built-in feature of the iPhone. First of all, check your Control Center if the screen record button is enabled. To open the Control Center swipe up from in an iPhone 8 or earlier model, if you have the recent models, then you need to swipe down from the top-right corner. Look for the screen record button (a dot with a circle around it). If you do not have it added, add it.
Follow these steps to do the iPhone Screen Recording
- Open Settings
- Tap on “Control Center”
- Click on “Customize Controls”
- You can remove and add items from your Control Center menu. Scroll down and tap on the green button with a+ next to “Screen Recording.” Now it will be moved from the “More Controls” section at the bottom to the “Include” section at the top.
How to Record Your iPhone Screen
You are now ready to record your iPhone screen. Remember that there are apps that do not allow screen recording.
- Open the app or website or game that you wish to record.
- Swipe up to pull up the Control Center menu or pull down the list from the top-right corner of your phone, depending on the model.
- Switch on the Do Not Disturb button by tapping the half-crescent moon. It temporarily pauses all calls and notifications. It is essential to turn off because when you record the screen, everything that shows up gets recorded.
- On pressing the Do Not Disturb button for long, there are more options like switching off notification for an hour or pausing some particular calls.
- Go to the Control Center, tap on the screen record button to start recording. As you press the record button, you will get three seconds before the recording begins. Tap the screen and hide the Control Center menu.
How to Record Sound when Recording Your iPhone Screen
But audio generated not from your phone would not be recorded. If you want to record your voice or directions or any other sound, then you need to turn on your microphone.
- Press and hold on to the screen record button before you start recording. Tap the microphone button on the pop-up screen and turn on the mic. Click on “Start Recording.” The countdown begins on this window.
- Tap on the screen to exit and then close the Control Center.
- The microphone remains on whenever you start screen recording unless you go back and turn it off.
- To stop recording, swipe up or down to reaccess the Control Center and press the record button.
- If you do not have any media open (example a YouTube video or Instagram story), you will see a red bar at the top of your screen. Press on that bar. A message pops up if you want to stop recording or not. Press on “Stop.”
- Your screen recording video is stored with your photos and other videos in your Photos app.
Following these steps will help an Apple user to make the iPhone screen recording happen.