On September 14th, Apple had its long-awaited launch event where it introduced the iPad Mini, iPad 9th Gen, Apple Watch, and the iPhone 13 series that includes the iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Built with innovative technology, the iPhone 13 series boasts faster performance and efficiency run by A15 Bionic, longer-lasting battery, and advancements in both their camera and editing process.
We have covered everything related to the iPhone 13 series in this article, so grab a cup of coffee, and scroll down.
- What’s new in the iPhone 13 Series & iPhone 13 mini?
- Features of iPhone 13, Pro & Pro Max & iPhone 13 Mini
- How does the iPhone 13 contribute to the Environment?
- Price and Availability
What’s new in the iPhone 13 Series & iPhone 13 mini?
Apart from the A15 Bionic chip, the iPhones also have better and brighter displays due to the Super Retina XDR display, added durability due to the advanced IP68 water resistance, and Ceramic Shield Front Cover.
The iPhone 13 series comes with breathtaking camera features, including a Wide camera that allows you to capture more in a single frame, image stabilization, bigger apertures for better detail even in low light.
With ample storage space at 128 GB for iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini and 1TB in iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, you can store all your content without fear of exceeding storage space. Moreover, the 5G as well as Wifi compatibility open doors for new experiences in connectivity.
Features of iPhone 13, Pro & Pro Max & iPhone 13 Mini
iPhone 13 Series: Design and Display
The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini both have a beautiful smooth aluminum finish and a flat-edge design. The iPhone 13 has a diagonal length of 6.1 inches, similar to the iPhone 13 Pro, while the iPhone 13 Mini comes with a diagonal measurement of 5.4 inches.
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini come in five aesthetic colors: RED, blue, pink, starlight, and midnight. While the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max come in four aesthetically pleasing colors: Gold, Silver, Graphite, and Sierra Blue.
Additionally, it is built with surgical-grade stainless steel, providing a sleek and stylish finish.
The iPhone 13 Pro Max has a length of 17 centimeters or 6.7 inches, while the iPhone 13 Pro is slightly smaller, with 15.4 centimeters or 6.1 inches.
The iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max come in multiple storage sizes, with the most significant storage space of up to 1TB, giving you ample storage space for all the media and photographs you create and store.
Built with a Super Retina XDR display and paired with Promotion makes interactions with the device highly interactive and user-friendly. Its highly intelligent sensors automatically adapt to the movement of your fingers and match the speed at which you move.
The display screen is built with advanced OLED technology, bringing incredible resolution to your screen. Moreover, it is made for the brightness of up to 1200 nits allowing you to view content outdoors even on a sunny day.
An astoundingly high refresh rate ranges from 10 to 120 times per second, allowing you to experience the best graphics version, making it an excellent fit for game lovers.
Apart from the revolutionizing technology used in the display, the display’s glass is made of Ceramic Shield, claimed to be stronger than regular smartphone glasses, providing added protection.
Moreover, the iPhone 13 devices are made of IP68 water resistance. This superior build keeps your device safe in case of accidental contact with water.
Under the hood, iPhone 13 Mini & iPhone 13 has A15 Bionic Chip that uses 5-nanometer technology and approximately 15 billion transistors. To put it plainly, your iPhone 13 will be able to achieve even the most difficult tasks without any problem.
Moreover, the 6-core CPU model that comes with two high-performance cores is 50 percent faster than other smartphones available on the market. On the other hand, the 4-core GPU is 30 percent quicker than any other smartphone.
Combined together, the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini display more detailed visuals and are perfect for games that use intense graphics. The 16-crore Neural Engine that the devices possess allows them to compute tasks quicker and provide rapid machine learning functions, as seen in the Live Text feature.
iPhone 13 Pro & Pro Max: Performance
The iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max are A15 Bionic chips as well as the new 5-core GPU makes performance rapid and smooth, allowing you to use even pro apps without any crashes or lags.
The A15 Bionic chip fuels the superfast performance of your iPhone 13 Pro. Claimed to be the world’s fastest smartphone chip, it is both efficient and quick to accomplish even the most demanding tasks in record time.
Moreover, it is built with a 5-core making it able to produce graphics 50% faster performance when compared to its other smartphone counterparts.
The well-developed Neural engine allows the iPhone 13 Mini and iPhone 13 to run tasks faster, with the ability to perform approximately 15 trillion tasks each second. At the same time, the Advanced ISP ensures that the phone has negligible noise production.
Information and other data stored on any of the iPhone 13 devices are protected by Secure Enclave. Additionally, even device processes such as Siri requests are kept secure and private.
Furthermore, you can also keep track of the information that is used in the applications you use. Privacy Nutrition Labels allow you to see exactly how your data is being used. Additionally, permission is required to access your device’s data. Hence you are in control of your information.
iPhone 13 Mini & iPhone 13
The diagonally arranged lenses on the rear of the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini allow for an advanced dual-camera system. Additionally, the TrueDepth camera system on the front of the phone has been made more compact, allowing for more display space while still possessing all the technological advancements.
The Dual Camera System in iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini is well ahead of their previous models. The Wide Camera has the most advanced sensor ever in any iPhone and can get up to 47 percent more light, allowing you to get more precise and well-defined photos even in conditions with low light.
Moreover, the Sensor shift OIS that was only previously available for the Pro Max model of iPhone 12 is now found in both these models.
iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max
Photography and filmmaking through the iPhone 13 Pro & Pro Max have reached new heights. The upgrade of the Pro camera has become the talk of the town. Built with advanced hardware being able to capture extra detail irrespective of the conditions, well-developed innovative software, and superfast processing speed.
The new lens comes with autofocus and an Ultra-Wide camera that allows you to capture more in a single frame. The vast and ultra-wide camera will enable you to click pictures with high details even in low light.
With the ability to focus images a mere 2 centimeters away, the iPhone Pro camera allows for more in-depth and detailed photography and videography, magnifying even the tiniest detail.
Taking photos and videos of objects from far away has never been easier or more apparent. The Telephoto camera comes with a 77mm focal length and up to three times optical zoom.
Apart from this, videos can be sped up or slowed down, using the time-lapse and slow-motion features, allowing for more mesmerizing content.
Apart from the Wide camera mentioned above, the iPhone 13 Pro comes with a wider aperture than its predecessors. The newly developed sensor captures twice as much light as ordinary smartphone cameras, allowing for highly detailed photography even at night.
Moreover, the LiDAR Scanner that the iPhone 13 Pro possesses is built for Night Mode Portraits.
For aspiring cinematographers, the array of features does not end here. Though the cinematic mode is compatible with Dolby Vision HDR, the iPhone 13 Pro can automatically capture depth in videos and shift Focus from one smoothly.
This polished transition allows more scope for creativity. The camera discerns movement and can anticipate when the frame is about to change Focus automatically. Moreover, you can adjust the depth even after the video is captured, thus making the iPhone 13 Pro the only smartphone that allows you to alter depth after recording.
Apart from this, you can apply Photographic Styles to configure the tone and warmth of the image captured while keeping the rest natural, available both in preset form and can be customized. ProRes allows you to edit the content on your iPhone Pro itself.
The iPhone Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max come with three different cameras allowing you to get the best results regardless of circumstances.
Smart HDR allows each section of the photograph to stand out. It does not apply a single set of light, contrast, etc., for the whole picture but makes adjustments for each person captured in the photo.
iPhone 13 Mini & iPhone 13
The iPhone 13 claims a battery life that lasts an entire day, given the ideal conditions. Moreover, it possesses a battery life that lasts two and a half hours more than its predecessor, the iPhone 12, while the iPhone 13 Mini has an hour and a half more battery life than iPhone 12 Mini.
iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max
Even the battery life of the iPhone 13 Pro claims to be better than its previous versions. The iPhone 13 Pro boasts an additional 1.5 hours of battery life.
The iPhone 13 Pro Max claims an increase in 2.5 more hours of battery life. Provided the ideal circumstances.
With 5G connectivity in the iPhone 13 series, users are guaranteed better connectivity, allowing you to share content faster, view media in better quality, play games through multiplayer mode without any network lag, and download and upload content quicker.
Moreover, the 5G connectivity is paired with Smart Dada that automatically changes the network depending on the requirement, and thus increases battery life.
Apple’s new operating software, the iOS 15, comes loaded with unique features that make using an Apple Product more interactive and efficient. While the entire extensive list of the iOS 15 update is too vast to cover, a few of the highlights are given below.
- Facetime now comes with the SharePlay feature, connecting loved ones irrespective of the distance between them. Through this, you can watch and listen to your favorite content while on facetime and share the experience together.
The controls and media are in sync, so your experience is together in real-time. Moreover, you can hold conversations while watching as the volume automatically adjusts when you talk. SharePlay also allows you to share your screen.
- Another feature added to FaceTime is Spatial Audio. Through this, users will hear the voices of others from the position they are on the screen, making video call conferences more natural.
Additionally, the Voice Isolation feature now provided removes ambient noise and focuses on your spoken audio.
- The Grid View allows you to view everyone together, in the same size while on a group video call, while the Portrait Mode ensures that you and not your background is the Focus of your video call.
- Facetime has increased its network of connectivity and now can be accessed by both Windows and Android users. Additionally, you can even schedule FaceTime calls.
- Shared links, images, and videos have gotten an entirely new look. You can now access shared content in the corresponding app itself. This means you can view and even reply to the application without opening Messages.
- The new Memoji collection has grown in its inclusivity, adding people from different cultures and ethnicities, so you can create one that is identical to you. Moreover, customization can now be made for accessibility interventions such as oxygen tubes and cochlear implants.
- To promote a more effective and efficient work like iOS 15 brings Focus to your device. Through Focus, you can be free from notifications and other distractions when doing the task you want.
- You can choose the task you are doing and customize your notifications only to get what you want. Moreover, when you are in focus mode, the phone automatically lets others know that you use Messages and other communication applications.
- The notifications have also been revamped, now featuring more prominent icons and contact photos, making it easier to read information from the lock screen itself.
- Additionally notification summary displays all the content on the notifications in a concise manner on your lock screen. The notifications are displayed in the order of priority as set by you.
- Maps have also undergone a lot of change. It displays 3D landmarks and in-depth detail of streets and other information, making travel more manageable than ever. Moreover, the new driving feature in Maps gives detailed road traffic conditions and accidents so that you have current information on your phone.
- Safari now comes with Tab Groups, a bottom tab bar, extensions, and voice search, making information accessible and user-friendly.
- Live Text feature available on iOS 15 allows you to read information present on an image and use it with just a single tap. Hence you can contact, look for locations and translate through a single image.
- iOS 15 provides increased Privacy, with App Privacy reports to show you how the applications use the permission you allow them, where they have been sent and who recently has your information been used.
- Features like Split View, Slide Over, and Center Window make multitasking easy and efficient. You can switch between applications smoothly and even view notifications without exciting your split workspace.
- iOS 15 will be available worldwide beginning from September 20th.
There are numerous accessories you can add to your iPhone to make it a more user-friendly experience.
The Apple AirPods, Apple’s own Bluetooth earphones, pair perfectly with the phone. Moreover, they can now be customized with your personal engraving for no additional cost.
AirTag allows you to keep track of your essential belongings through your iPhone. When connected to your bag or keys, their location can be easily identified using the Find My Application.
The MagSafe line consists of different magnetic attachments you can add to your iPhone, including a wallet and a wireless charger that lets you charge on the go.
How does the iPhone 13 contribute to the Environment?
The Apple cooperation envisions being completely carbon neutral by 2030. And this is not just limited to the creation and packing of their products but also the use and the recycling that follows.
Through the iPhone 13 series release, we can see just how Apple plans on doing that. The plastic wrap used to cover the phone boxes will no longer be present, thereby reducing over 600 metric tons of plastic. Moreover, their final assembly sites send no waste to landfills.
iPhone 13 series are built using 100 percent recycled items, such as tin in the logic board and soldering of the battery and gold in the plating of the logic board and the wires of the front and back camera.
Price and Availability
The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max will be available for pre-order starting from 8:00 AM EST on September 17th. It will be available in stores from September 24th all around the globe.
You can pre-order both iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini from September 17th and find them available online and in stores worldwide from September 24th.
Both iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max come in four different storage capacity models, namely 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB, and 1 TB.
For 128 GB storage, the iPhone 13 Mini is priced at 699 dollars, while the iPhone 13 is 799 dollars for the same storage. At the same price of 799 dollars, you can also purchase the iPhone 13 Mini with 256 GB storage space.
The iPhone 13 model with 256 GB storage space is listed at 899 dollars, while for the 512 GB storage, the price listed is 1099 dollars. The iPhone 13 Mini for the same storage space has a price of 999 dollars.
For the iPhone 13 Pro for storage spaces 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB and 1 TB, the prices are $999, $1099, $1299 and $1499 respectively.
For the iPhone 13 Pro Max models the prices are $1099 for a storage space of 128 GB, $1199 for 256 GB, $1399 for 512 GB and $1599 for 1TB.