Apple has built an entire ecosystem around us with the iPhone, the iPad, the Macbook, and the Apple TV. You can connect these devices in numerous ways.
It is often seen that if a person buys an Apple product, they often end up buying other products to establish an Apple Ecosystem in his home.
If you want to mirror your screen on another Apple device, Apple provides the AirPlay option. It provides a seamless experience when you want to share your display or broadcast your content on a different device.
This article will show you how to turn off AirPlay n various devices, but first, let us learn a little about AirPlay.
What is AirPlay?
AirPlay is a unique wireless transmission technique deck designed by Apple that enables music, film, gadget displays, and photographs, as well as related information, to be streamed across devices. Initially, it was exclusively found in Apple’s applications and hardware.
AirPlay enables Apple devices to exchange content with other devices such as TVs and computers for dual display settings, provided they are all connected to the same Wi-Fi.
This implies that AirPlay will only operate if both devices are linked to a single Wi-Fi connection, lie within the Bluetooth proximity, or are coupled to the same gateway through an ethernet wire.
For instance, if you would like to broadcast songs from your iPhone to a Soundbar, AirPlay is a straightforward method to go.
Previously, it was known as AirTunes and was exclusively used for music. AirPlay mirroring is analogous to Apple’s AirPlay. However, screen replicating is often used to transfer a complete panel to another gadget, such as a projector or television.
Method To Turn Off Airplay
If you are looking for how to turn off Apple AirPlay, you have landed on the right article. Under this, we have provided various solutions to how to turn AirPlay off on Macs and other Apple devices.
How To Turn AirPlay Off On iPhone
Here are the solutions to how to turn AirPlay off on iPhones.
- Launch Control Center. This depends on the model of your iPhone. Scroll down from the top right-hand edge of the display on iPhone X and later. Slide up from the lower part of the display on iPhone 8 and prior versions
- Either choose the Audio device or the Display Mirroring device.
- Tap the Stop Mirroring or Turn Off Airplay on iPhone choice.
If you are currently using AirPlay, here are the steps on how to turn AirPlay off on iPhones with an active AirPlay connection.
- Hit the AirPlay symbol in the application and select Turn off AirPlay when you utilize AirPlay to broadcast audio or video via an application on your iPhone.
Thus, you now know how to turn AirPlay off on iPhones.
How To Turn Airplay Off On Mac
If you own a Mac, keeping AirPlay on unnecessarily can drain your Mac’s battery. Also, it makes your Mac available for connection, even when you do not want to. Thus, it would be beneficial if you always kept AirPlay off when not needed.
Here are the steps on how to turn AirPlay off on Mac.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple icon.
- Find the Screens option and click on it.
- Search for an AirPlay Displays list and a box that says, “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.” If you do not see this choice on your ac, it most likely is not compatible with AirPlay.
- To turn off AirPlay, go to the AirPlay tab and choose “Disable AirPlay.”
Here are the steps to turn AirPlay off on Mac if you have an active AirPlay connection.
- Select the Control Center button in the upper right corner of your Mac.
- Select the Screen Mirroring option.
- Select Display Preferences from the list that pops up.
- Somewhere at the lower portion of the Built-In Retina Display panel, you can find the AirPlay Display section. Turn it off from there.
Thus, we have listed how to turn AirPlay off on Mac.
How To Turn Off Airplay On iPad
iPads have a somewhat similar user interface compared to iPhones, so the steps on how to turn off AirPlay on iPads are identical to those on an iPhone.
The older iPad versions used to run on iOS while the new ones run on the iPadOS. Steps for how to turn off Apple AirPlay on iPads remain the same as for the iPhones. They are a bit different as compared to the newer iPads.
Here are the steps on how to turn off AirPlay on iPads if you are actively using AirPlay.
- Touch the AirPlay symbol in the program you are using and select Turn off AirPlay if you have an active AirPlay connection. You are using it to broadcast your iPad’s screen.
Suppose you do not have an active connection, but your AirPlay is on somehow. In that case, it might consume a lot of your iPad’s battery unnecessarily. Here is how to turn off AirPlay on iPads.
- To access the Command Center, slide down from the top-right edge of the display.
- Choose either the Music or Screen Mirroring widgets.
- Choose the Stop Mirroring or Stop AirPlay choice, which will turn off AirPlay on your iPad.
Thus, you now know how to turn AirPlay off on your iPad.
How To Turn Off Airplay On Apple Tv
The Apple TV is an excellent complement to any home entertainment setup. It enables you to connect a tiny gadget to your tv and broadcast entertainment like Netflix, HBO, and Prime.
However, it also supports AirPlay, which might be used to stream content from your other Apple devices.
The Apple TV is shipped with a compact silver controller that features a navigational disc, a silver key within the disc, a Menu key, and a Play/Pause toggle.
To complete the tasks mentioned below, you will have to utilize this remote. Here is how to turn off AirPlay on Apple TV.
- Switch on the Apple TV.
- When you’re not on the main display, hit the Menu key several times until it appears, then use the navigational disc to hover over the Settings choice and hit the silver key on the controller to pick it.
- Look for the AirPlay choice, then push the silver key to toggle it off.
- To proceed to the home display, hit the Menu key multiple times like before.
Now, we have learned how to turn off AirPlay on Apple TV.
How To Turn Off Airplay On Roku
Roku enables you to view free and commercial media content on television through the Web. Film and television broadcasting services such as Netflix, Prime, and Hulu load into Roku devices in the same way that applications do on iPhones.
While most of the material is pre-recorded, services such as Netflix provide a large amount of video to be seen only 24 hours after it first airs on tv.
Here is how to disable AirPlay on your Roku device.
- Hit the Home key on the Roku controller.
- Then, using the left navigational key, move the cursor to the left and choose Settings.
- Navigate through the list to find AirPlay and HomeKit. Click on it.
- Finally, on the window that appears, ensure that AirPlay is disabled.
Thus, we have explained how to turn off Apple AirPlay on your Roku device.
Here, our article on how to turn off AirPlay concludes. This guide has been designed user-friendly, and methods for different devices have been explained thoroughly.
It is not a highly complex process and can be done simply. Most people who own an Apple TV want to know how to turn off AirPlay on Apple TV as you do not see a direct option to do so, unlike other devices.
I hope you find this guide beneficial and share it with the people around you.