These days, we all live in a world that is running fast and quick. But, the irony is that everything is moving fast except the people living in this world. It is having significant repercussions on the health conditions. People of all age groups are facing health issues, which include both physical and mental problems.
That is why keeping oneself active throughout the day and having some movement is necessary. The best way to achieve that is by walking 10,000 steps daily as a habit to keep fit. But, how to track steps with the iPhone health app? Read ahead to know more about tracking steps and using the health app.
Track Steps with the iPhone Health App
Want to know how much you have walked the entire day? Well, the technology these days will make it a possibility, with few simple clicks. If you have an iPhone but do not have an apple watch, there is nothing to worry about. Digital devices these days are capable of storing data of all kinds with their sensors. the iPhone does the same thing.
All you need to have is the apple health app on your phone to track the number of steps you have walked daily. However, before tracking the steps, you need to download the apple health app available on the apple store. Go ahead and install it to use a plethora of features provided by the app.
Steps to Track Steps on the iPhone Health App:
- Install the apple health app.
- Open the app.
- There is a ‘browse‘ option at the bottom of the app screen.
- Under this section, you will find a list of the ‘health categories‘.
- Click on the ‘activity‘ option given.
- After opening the activity tab, click on the ‘steps‘.
- The number of daily steps will be shown here.
Not only can you see the daily steps, but you can also find a graph that will showcase the increment or decrement of the daily step count.
Mechanism of Steps Tracking
You may think that how is this health app tracking steps without a wearable device on your wrist. Well, that is because the iPhone has the same sensors that are installed in wearable devices like the Fitbit.
The accelerometer of the iPhone tracks the movement of the phone. It tracks not only the movement but also the frequency, speed, and distance. As long as you have your phone in your pocket or hand, the steps will be recorded.
One of the nice things about the iPhone is that the data is stored in the cloud. This is regardless of whether you have a health app installed on the phone or not. As soon as you install the app, the past data will also be available for you to check and compare. It gives a more comprehensive look at your overall activity and healthy habits.
All About Apple Health App
We have talked about how to track steps with the iPhone health app. Many might not know that the apple health app is a complete platform that allows you to record, control and manage your habits and health.
It is a simple app, which records and tracks various stats related to your health. The data keeps getting updated, thus giving real-time numbers for better health management.
Let’s see some features that the apple health app provides other than tracking steps to their users:
- Activity: you can track your daily activity with the help of the apple health app’s activity feature. You can track your exercise routine, the timings, the calories burnt, and even the amount of time you keep standing.
- Weight Loss: you can track your weight loss journey through the app. You can add your weight and keep modifying to get an overall picture of the weight loss journey.
- Nutrition: through the nutrition feature, you keep daily track of your food habits. You can add your daily meals, the food you had to create an overall chart. This helps in keeping a tab on the food you are eating, nutrients you are consuming. Based on this, you can make changes to your diet.
- Physical Measurements: at times, the best way to track your health and physical fitness is through metrics. You can add weight, BMI, waist circumference, body fat composition, etc., manually in the app. It helps in tracking a change over time.
- Sleep Cycle: iPhone health app allows you to track your sleep schedule as well. You can add an alarm to remind you to go to sleep. And in the morning, add an alarm to wake you up. As soon as you hit the off button on the alarm, the time is recorded. It helps in recording the sleep hours daily.
Benefits of Tracking Steps
You may think, why go to such lengths of tracking your daily steps. Well, there are quite many benefits to tracking your steps like:
- Keep a Record: one of the things that makes tracking steps crucial is to have a record. Having better health is a journey, and having past data always helps. It tells us where we are going wrong and what changes we need to make. Health app makes sure that you are on the right path of completing daily steps.
- Reach the Weight Goal: are you planning to lose weight? Well, then tracking your steps is necessary as walking is a great way to burn some calories. You can fix a specific number of steps for a daily target and try to reach the same for better results.
- Lead an Active Lifestyle: walking in between the long sitting sessions is crucial to maintain an active lifestyle. If you track your steps, it will boost your motivation, and real-time numbers will push you to complete your daily target.
How Can Walking be Helpful?
You may think that one needs to go on strict diets and toil in the gym every day for good health. Well, some parts of it are valid. You need to exercise and have a well-balanced diet. Many are not aware that a walk of 30 minutes daily can have significant benefits of its own.
Having a daily habit of walking will help have a more active lifestyle and break the monotony. You can walk while running errands or while walking one’s dog. The best thing about walking is that you can include it while doing daily chores.
Some Reasons to Have a Daily Walking Schedule Are:
- You will sleep better and will have a daily schedule.
- The joints and bones will become strong and flexible.
- Walking will improve digestion and vascular health.
- You can be close to nature for a few moments a day.
- Fresh air and some brisk walking help elevate the mood and reduce stress.
- You can lose weight on daily walks.
- The blood circulation and breathing improve due to daily walking.
Walking has its benefits, and including the same in your schedule will only bring in benefits. Now you can easily track steps with the iPhone health app, keep a record to make sure you never miss your daily step count. You can track your steps, have a complete chart of the progress with the health app. And the best thing is that you don’t need a wearable device on your wrist all the time. Having your phone in your pocket is enough.
You may also like to check out: