How to Set Ringtone in iPhone without iTunes or PC in 2023
Tired of listening to the same old iPhone ringtone? Do you know you can set a song as your iPhone ringtone? But how to set ringtone on iPhone without iTunes? Is that even possible after apple discontinued iTunes?
Well, definitely, it is possible to set a custom ringtone in iPhone even without iTunes or PC, and that’s what we will be talking about in this article.
Moreover, when a phone rings in a crowded room, playing the standard ringtone out loud almost everyone is in a rush trying to figure out if theirs is the one ringing. With a customized ringtone you can set a track that is both unique to you and can identify your phone through the distinctive melody it plays.
Also Read: Best Free Ringtone Apps For iPhone
So let’s quickly get started.
How to Set Ringtone in iPhone without iTunes
While you can set ringtones through iTunes, that is not the only way. If you have an audio track that cannot be found on iTunes you can still set a ringtone on the iPhone without iTunes or even a computer. To figure out how this is done read on ahead.
Before we list out the steps involved in setting a ringtone in an iPhone without iTunes, there are certain things you need to do prior, so that the steps can work.
- The first thing you need to do is downloaded the Garageband app from the Appstore. It can be downloaded by either searching it on the app store or clicking here. The best thing about using this is that it is totally free.
- To set a ringtone, you cannot use songs that are streaming or downloaded in apps, cause they are protected and cannot be used as ringtones. So ensure that you have the audio file you want to make into a ringtone, stored in your files app or in the Music library.
Creating A Custom Ringtone Without PC
To create a personalized ringtone, without the help of your computer, you will need to use the free GarageBand app available. To do so, follow the instructions given below.
- Open your phone and navigate to the GarageBand app. Open the application.
- Swipe across slides present on the app window until you come across ‘Audio Recorder’.
- To import the file click on the ‘Voice’ icon, which is shaped like a mic. Additionally, you can use instruments as well, such as Keyboard or Drummer.
- After that, you will need to go to the editing area. To do that you need to click on the ‘View’ icon. It is the one that looks like a brick wall.
- In the editing area, you will see a menu bar with various functions present on top of the screen. Click on the one that looks like a Loop.
- In doing so you will be presented with three options, namely, Music, Files, and Apple Loops. Depending on whether your audio track is stored in the Library or Files, click the respective option.
- In the section that is opened, scroll till you find the file you want to import into the app. Once you find it, press and hold it for a couple of seconds.
- Alternatively, if you have a large number of files that scrolling becomes time-consuming or you cannot locate the file, there is a search bar located on top of the window that you can use to search for the file.
You can also select the ‘Browse items from Files app’ option located at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the song is imported, you can begin editing it.
The editing options are as follows:
- There is a long vertical bar that will be present at the start of the file, to begin with. Drag it to the moment from where you want your ringtone to begin. If you are not sure of the exact placement of the file, you can use the play button located at the top of the page to figure it out.
- Once you have selected the location of where you want the ringtone to begin, double-tap the audio file. In doing so you will see a list of various actions, select the one labeled Split.
- Once split is selected, a scissor icon will appear. Drag it to the selected point. This will cut your song into two parts.
- Double click on the segment of the song you do not want, and in the list of functions that appears, click on Delete.
- Once the edit is complete, tap on the downward-facing arrow, from the top menu bar and select ‘My Songs’.
- Then press and hold the file just created. In the list of options that appear, click on the one labeled ‘Share’.
- There will be various options available for you to share the song. Click on the one titled Ringtone.
- Confirm your decision by clicking on continue. Rename the file to the name of your preference and Export the device.
- Once the process is complete and the file is saved, a dialogue box will appear, allowing you to use the sound for different purposes. From here, you can directly set the sound as a ringtone if you want to.
Alternatively, you can always locate this file and set it manually through the Settings app by clicking on OK.
Please make note that when the iPhone sets a ringtone, the end time is thirty seconds. If you want your audio file to be shorter, follow steps 2,3 and 4, to split and delete unwanted parts.
Setting Custom Created Ringtone Without iTunes
You can set audio tracks as your ringtones without the help of iTunes, it is a simple process with minimal steps. To do so follow the steps written below.
- Switch on your device and navigate to the ‘Settings’ application.
- In the list of different settings available, go to the option titled ‘Sounds’.
- Under the ‘Sounds’ heading, click on the option that reads ‘Ringtone’.
- In doing so you will see a list of all the files that you can set as a ringtone. Scroll till you find the file you created and click on it, to set it as a ringtone.
Now the audio file you created is the new ringtone of your iPhone.
Transferring Ringtones to iPhone Using Dr.Fone
An action that makes setting a ringtone without iTunes, is downloading the software named Dr.Fone – Phone Manager. Loved by customers all over the world. Dr.Fone is deemed an alternative to Apple’s own iTunes.
Built with advanced technology and a user-friendly interface, you can use the software to accomplish a large variety of functions, including but not limited to data backup, data recovery, transfer of media between smartphones, and transfer of data between iOS devices and iTunes.
The software uses a powerful technology that ensures that actions are performed rapidly. Therefore when it comes to changing and adding ringtones, or even the creation of new ringtones, Dr. Fone – Phone Manager is the best way to go.
What is even better is that this software is compatible with Android devices as well, so can be used on any other device you have.
Through Dr.Fone, you can access any music from both your iPhone and transfer files that are already downloaded on the computer. If you have the audio or tracks you want to set as a ringtone on your computer, then follow the instructions written below.
- On your laptop or monitor, download and install the Dr.Fone – Phone Manager.
- Connect your iPhone through the Dr.Fone software to the computer.
- When the phone appears on the transfer window is how do you know that the phone is connected to the laptop.
- In the menu bar displayed on top of the screen, choose the Music option.
- When the music window opens, you will see various categories of music such as podcasts, audiobooks, etc. displayed on the bar on the left side of the window. Click on the option labeled ‘Ringtones’.
- Below the menu bar on the top of the screen, you will see options available for various functions you can perform. Click on the ‘Add’ icon to add files to the ringtones section. The icon is an arrow pointing into a rectangle.
- On clicking on the Add option, you will have two options.
- If you have only a single file to add, click on the ‘Add File’ option.
- If you have multiple tracks, saved in a folder, click on the ‘Add Folder’ option.
Using Dr.Fone Ringtone Maker
If you lean on the creative side, and do not want a pre-existing ringtone, and would prefer to create an individual ringtone suited to your tastes, then Dr.Fone – Phone Manager helps you do that as well. By simply following the steps mentioned below, you can make your own personalized ringtones.
- Similar to adding new files through a laptop, you need to install Dr.Fone – Phone Manager on your computer and then connect it to your iPhone.
- In the transfer window that opens up once your phone connects to your laptop, select the music option from the menu bar located on the top of the screen.
- In the music window, a list with all the music files that are available on the device will be displayed. Under the menu, there will be options for various functions you can perform. Click on the ‘Ringtone Maker’, it is the one shaped like a bell.
- On the other hand, you can also go to the ringtone maker, by right-clicking on the selected song.
- If you chose the first option, you will need to select a music file that you want to edit to make the new ringtone, from either file available on your laptop or your phone.
- Once you have the song you want to edit on the ‘Ringtone Maker’ window, you can make the changes you want to it, the window allows you to pause and play songs, choose time settings, and more.
- Once you are done editing, you can always check your creation using the ‘Ringtone Audition’ option present on the screen.
- Once you are happy with the ringtone, you can save it to either your laptop or your iPhone. The ‘Save to Device’ option present saves the file directly to your iPhone which means it is accessible at all times, for future use.
That was the creation of the ringtone. To further set the file you created as your ringtone, you need to follow the steps mentioned above under the heading Setting Custom Created Ringtone Without iTunes.
Customization on our devices can change it from a product of mass production to something personal and valued. Having personalized ringtones makes your phone give it a personal touch and makes it easy to identify.
While you can always use iTunes to set a ringtone in this article we discussed methods by which you can set ringtones without iTunes or a PC. In this article, we learned how to set ringtone in iPhone without iTunes and we also discussed the exceptional qualities of Dr.Fone – Phone Manager, a software that makes ringtone transfer and creation easy.