Over the years, Apple’s iPhone and iOS have evolved so much and yet lack the feature of delete multiple contacts on the iPhone.
There might be numerous reasons for you to learn how to mass delete contacts on iPhone, keeping old and useless contacts creates utter confusion while searching for an urgent contact number.
Therefore, to avoid confusion in the future, it is better to keep deleting contacts regularly, but in case you haven’t done that over the years, follow our step by step guide on deleting multiple contacts from iPhone.
How to Delete Contacts on iPhone?
Method 1: Using iCloud
Most of the iPhone users use iCloud for backups, and if you too use iCloud, prefer using this method to mass delete contacts on your iPhone.
The changes made in iCloud are universal and will affect all your Apple devices, therefore this is a suitable method for your requirement.
- Head over to iCloud.com on your PC and enter your Apple account credentials to log in.
- Right on the main page, select contacts. On the web version, you can delete multiple contacts.
- The next thing you need to do is highlight the contacts you want to delete by pressing control and selecting the contacts.
- Once done, press the delete button on your keyboard and click ok on the confirmation dialogue box.
This method to mass delete contacts on the iPhone using a Windows PC is convenient if you don’t own a Macbook.
For those who own a MacBook should head over to the next section of the post.
Method 2: Using A MacBook
Multiple contacts on iPhone as well as iPad can be removed easily using the contacts app on the Macbook.
- Go to System Preferences and select iCloud to sign in.
- Once you are done entering your Apple ID credentials, check contacts and let them sync across the devices.
- Now, launch the contacts app on your MacBook and view all contacts.
- Hold down the command button and click on the useless contacts you want to get rid of.
- Now right-click and then click on delete cards. A confirmation dialogue box will appear, click on delete.
- It will take a while for the changes to push across all of your Apple devices.
While this can be easily done on a Macbook or a PC, iPhone users who don’t own either of them must be worried about deleting multiple contacts on the iPhone.
Well, for that there is an app called groups that can relieve you from deleting contacts individually.
Method 3: Using the Groups app
We have already discussed two methods to mass delete contacts on iPhone. For users who don’t own a Mac or PC should use Groups app which is free and also has a paid version.
Although, it has the ability to delete contacts on the iPhone for free, so follow the steps that we will be paving down for that below.
- Go to the app store on your iPhone.
- Search for the “Groups” app using the search bar.
- Install the app on your iPhone and launch it.
- Upon launch, it will ask for some permissions, grant the permissions.
- Now select the contacts from the groups’ list and check the ones that you want to delete.
- Now tap choose an action at the top. When the popup menu appears, tap on delete contacts.
- Tap on remove contacts from my iPhone and confirm the action.
The contact removal will start and the contacts that you have selected to delete will be removed from your iPhone.
The contacts will periodically sync on your Apple devices, therefore you will not have to repeat the same process on every other Apple device you own.
At last, this was our precise guide on how to delete contacts on iPhone. In this guide, we have shared methods to mass delete contacts on the iPhone using a Macbook, a PC or groups app on iPhone.
If you are facing any issue while following the procedure, do let us know in the comment section.