You may come across specific files that do not open in a particular format, or you want to change them into another format. Even though the MP3 format is readily available in most of the apps and is one of the universal file formats, you can still bump into specific files in m4a format because it is still in existence in some of the applications. Most of the audio players can convert M4A files into MP3 without any issue.
Nevertheless, certain audio players do not support this conversion, and Mac users generally face problems with M4A files that they often want to convert into MP3s format. If you are also looking to convert mp4a files to MP3, keep reading this article as we will share the best m4a to MP3 converter that you can use without any technicality or problem.
People generally get confused with m4a files with MP4s files, and they are quite similar just with one difference that MP4s is only for the audio purposes whereas MP4 file is compatible with video. For your information, Companies developed MP4 to replace MP3 to some extent. Another difference between MP3 and M4A files is that m4a files are smaller in size than MP3, and the quality of the audio is much better in M4A than in MP3s.
Even after all the compatibility, the M4A format is a bit harder to find, whereas MP3s is a prevalent audio format that is readily available as players. So now the question comes where you can discover the .m4a format. M4a format is generally found in Apple’s iTunes store that is used for downloading songs. However, a few copyrighted songs are also available in .m4p format that is an alternative to .m4a.
We are now coming to the topic i.e, how can you convert M4A files into MP3 on Mac? But before starting with that, we will be telling you how you can play m4a files on Mac?
If you want to play any song, as we said above, most of the M4A files are found in the iTunes store so that you can drop any file into music, and it will automatically be added to your library.
M4A files can also work with QuickTime players as most of the files are based on QuickTime file format that is a default app. Generally, QuickTime is used for watching movies, but it has an excellent audio playback function that can work pretty well.
How can you Convert M4A to MP3 With the Help of iTunes?
There are a lot of m4a players that are available on Mac, such as the default or third-party app. Still, to make it available on a larger scale, you need to convert m4a to MP3 iTunes format so that you can easily connect the music to the virtual devices without any problem. There is a hidden way of using iTunes as an audio converter that not many people are aware of, as it is not that easy. Still, by following the below steps, you can use the iTunes audio file converter.
- Open iTunes
- Go to the preferences section.
- Navigate files. It will lead you to the import settings.
- Drag and drop the m4a file that you want to convert into iTunes.
- Please select it and go to file. Choose the option convert and then create the MP3 version.
- In the drop-down section, you can change the bitrate of your MP3s, and you can also select the custom mode if you want to specify more details.
- After that, look for the new file that is created in your library. (You don’t have to worry as your old file will still exist.)
- If you want to save your converted audio somewhere else, you can take them out of iTunes, which will not delete the file you have created in the iTunes library but do not delete the actual file.
You can use the steps to convert the m4a file into MP3 and use this encoder to create AAC or AIFF files. If you want to transform one or two songs, iTunes is an excellent converter for converting M4A files into MP3 or any other file. However, iTunes won’t be efficient when you have to convert more songs or audiobooks daily. For regular work purposes, there are much better apps available out there.
Another Ways to Convert M4A into MP3 on Mac
iTunes is a reasonably good M4A to MP3 converter, but it is not that good for the extensive work for that you can look for other apps that can work better than iTunes converter. One of the best apps that you can use to convert your media is “Permute,” a universal media converter and used by several people. Permute is a fast app that allows users to drag and convert any number of files, and it gets done with the conversion process in just a matter of a few seconds.
You can change audio video or audio into video into audio images and much more by using a few combinations that are in limitless numbers. The best thing about this app is that you can easily add two videos into one and add subtitles.
How to Use Permute?
- Start Permute
- Drag and drop the file in m4a format on the windows.
- Choose the MP3 format in the audio drop-down as your conversion file format.
- Now click on the start button.
- Once permute has converted the file, you can find the converted file on your desktop.
Note: You can convert as many files as you want to at one time which is a great advantage that you get on this app. With this app’s help, you can also convert a whole album at once, which saves you a lot of time, and it gets the work done in a very smooth process. Another way to convert the M4A file to MP3 is through Wondershare Uniconverter, which functions similar to iTunes and Permute.
How Does it Work?
- Install Wondershare Uniconverter and start it. After that, select the video converter option that is available on the home page itself. Click on the + add files button to choose the m4a files that need to be converted. Or you
- can also drag and drop the file on the windows of the application. Another way is to add the m4a file from iTunes straightaway through the media browser option.
- A drop-down list will appear on the screen. Choose the MP3 format in the output option. After selecting the MP3 format option, you can also choose a resolution from which you want your file to be converted.
- The last step is to start with the conversion process. This step will convert the iTunes audio that is M4A to MP3 on your Mac. This process will begin in just a few seconds, and it will finish the conversion soon.
- Once the conversion process is done, you can find the output of your MP3 file in the finished list.
Generally, nowadays, people don’t have to look for a file converter as apps have built-in file formats compatible with most of the files. Whereas, if you want to use M4A files, you can use iTunes or QuickTime to listen to them and if you want to convert your file into MP3, then Permute and Wondershare Uniconverter are the best apps you can use. iTunes has a limited option when it comes to transforming a particular file format into another format.
Therefore, apps like Permute and Wondershare Uniconverter offer users with tons of features compatible with a number of formats and media. You can easily convert your files through these apps. They do not require any technical knowledge, making it extremely easy for people who do not know the technical field without any hassle. So, now you don’t have to worry if you have to convert an MP4 file into MP3 on your Mac. With the help of iTunes audio converter permute and Wondershare Uniconverter, you can quickly get done with this task.