Yes, that’s true! So if you are wondering how to connect Airpods to Macbook, keep on reading.
Well, connecting Airpods to Macbook is really easy. There is no rocket science required as such. So to connect Airpods to MacBook, all which is required on your side is that your iPhone and MacBook must be connected to the same iCloud account.
Moreover, your Apple ID also has to be the same for both iPhone and MacBook.
So now that you understand the requirements of connecting Airpods to Macbook, let’s get into an in-depth guide on how to pair Airpods to Macbook:
How to connect Airpods to Macbook Pro Automatically?
Once you have your Airpods with Bluetooth ON, they must automatically get connected with the Bluetooth on your Mac. Well, for further verification, you can always put the Airpods in your ears and check via volume track on your Mac in the menu bar. After that, you can select the Airpods from under Output Device.
What if your Airpods do not pair themselves?
There may be some difficulties in connecting your Airpods to your devices. Well, these things are no new to happen. Here are a few steps to solving these difficulties:
- The very first thing you need to do is to check whether the Airpods are charged or not.
- After that, go to the Bluetooth menu via settings. Here, you can go to the Apple menu and simply select the Bluetooth option.
- After the steps mentioned above are done, you should confirm whether the Bluetooth on your device is active or not.
- After that, put the Airpods in the charging case. Now open the case and see if the case gets white.
- Now, return to the Bluetooth settings and then connect your Airpods to it.
- At this moment, simply connect the Airpods with your device. However, after all of this, if you still see the music being played from your Mac, then you should probably see if the Mac is connected on the output.
How to Connect Airpods to Macbook Air Manually?
If you don’t have the same Apple ID on your Mac and iPhone, or you don’t have an iOS device, you can manually set your Airpods on the Bluetooth settings and the steps are as follows:
- At first, charge the Airpods.
- Keep them in the charging case and close it.
- Go to the Apple menu from the Mac.
- Select ‘System preferences’.
- Open the charging case of the Airpod.
- Press for long the button, which is present at the back of the Airpod case.
- A white flashlight appears.
- After some time, Airpods appear in your Bluetooth device list.
- Click on ‘connect’.
Your Airpods are now successfully connected to your Mac. The Airpods will appear by name or only Airpods. If you want to connect more than one, then definitely rename them from your iOS. After this, any output sound communication will be done through the Airpods. As soon as you disconnect them, you can again hear them via the speaker.
What if the connection fails?
While connecting your Airpods to the Mac, the above volume feature and the Bluetooth should not show any kind of malfunctions. However, it may happen that you may get continuous disconnection. So if you are sure with your Bluetooth device then simply reset the Airpods. It may solve the problem.
Moreover, you should always verify whether your Bluetooth is working on your Mac or not. If not, then the first attempt should be to reboot your system.
Also, it may sometimes happen that your Bluetooth is not working. In that case, reset your Bluetooth hardware module on your Mac.
By the way, always remember, Airpods always requires a minimum Mac operating system of the version macOS Sierra 10.12. Moreover, most of the Mac users will cover this requirement, but it is still worth mentioning.
How to Remove the Airpods?
It is always a straightforward process to remove the Airpod connection feature from Mac.
Step-1: Open Settings.
Step-2: Select the Bluetooth menu.
Step-3: Find the Airpods option.
Step-4: Choose ‘Disconnect’.
Like other Bluetooth devices, you get it simply removed from the Bluetooth settings. Multiple Bluetooth devices are connected to the Mac like Airpods, speakers, etc. But always remember, you need to change the active audio device from the specific Bluetooth or Sound Menu.
Other than that, when it comes to Apple Airpods, they can easily pair up with both non-Apple and Apple devices. But that doesn’t mean everything goes as smooth as you assume. Your Mac might take up some time to get connected to it, and Airpods might not respond as quickly as you assume via Bluetooth connection. However, since wires are no more an issue, people are loving the Airpods, especially while working or gyming.
This is the simplest way as to how to connect Airpods to Macbook Air under a minute. So go ahead and apply this process, and I hope this article is helpful to you. If you feel there are additional ways to connect Airpods to Macbook, I am open to your suggestions.