This article explains how to connect AirPods to a Chromebook and how to disconnect them. These instructions apply to any Chromebook, regardless of manufacturer, and all AirPod models.
Apple AirPods are unquestionably best when used with Apple computers. AirPods, on the other hand, can be used with any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, but they would not have any Apple-specific functionality when used with any other devices which are not Apple devices.
The Apple devices have a robust ecosystem among themselves. The connectivity between these devices is relatively well synchronized. It is not just that the Apple device connects only to the other Apple devices, but they show a promising workflow with other non-Apple devices as well. The problem is to pair the devices with other systems, and the users have to perform some processes manually.
If you are trying to connect Apple AirPods within the Apple systems, it won’t take any manual process or other long-step procedure. It will just connect without any interventions. But when you choose to pair the AirPods with other devices or software other than Apple systems, it takes time, for example, trying to connect the AirPods to Chromebook.
Note: The following method is the same for the AirPods Pro and the AirPods Max.
Don’t Miss – AirPods Max vs AirPods Pro – Which One You Should Buy
- How to Connect AirPods to Chromebook
- Connecting Chromebook to AirPods:
- Quick Solution on Connecting AirPods:
- How to Change the Display Name, Forget the Device, and Disconnect your AirPods:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Connect AirPods to Chromebook
Connecting AirPods to a Chromebook involves switching on the Bluetooth settings. Here’s how to sync your AirPods with your Chromebook.
- Check whether your Chromebook is active or not. If not, then before starting with the connecting process, turn the Chromebook on.
- To start, turn on the Chromebook.
You can use Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Battery Percentage, and other features by clicking the Network button.
- From there, switch on Bluetooth. It will be blue in color.
- Enable the Chromebook to check for Bluetooth devices in the area; the AirPods should appear in the data.
- AirPods aren’t visible? Then, on the AirPods charging case, press the back button and wait for Chromebook to accept the AirPods.
- To validate the pairing, a pop-up will appear. This way, you can connect your AirPods to Chrome.
Connecting Chromebook to AirPods:
- Before diving into Chromebook connectivity, make sure to terminate your Apple devices’ background process, such as videos and music. The background media process might cause trouble while pairing the AirPods with Chromebook.
- To choose the Bluetooth option from Chromebook. Search for the Menu tab of Chromebook. You will find this tab in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- To connect the AirPods to the Chromebook, it is essential to turn on the Bluetooth services of your system
- If the Bluetooth link is turned off, choose Bluetooth and switch it on. The Chromebook can immediately scan for wireless devices once the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Any wireless device’s battery can be depleted by Bluetooth links. Airpods have a battery life of only five hours. This might be a cause of trouble while your Airpods are connected to some device via BlueTooth. So, connecting the Airpods to the battery case would be a better choice, which will last the AirPods battery for 24 hours.
- If the AirPods don’t show on the Chromebook’s Bluetooth list, click and hold the Setup button on the AirPods case’s back. The AirPods will be identified shortly by the system.
- To connect the AirPods to Chromebook, tap the Airpod from the list of wireless devices.
- The LED light turns green on the successful pairing of the Chromebook.
Quick Solution on Connecting AirPods:
1. Reset AirPods:
Sometimes you need to reset the device to synchronize it with other non-Apple devices. Reset will restart the AirPods freshly and allow the recovery of lost connectivity. To reset your AirPods, follow the steps given below.
- Cover the case and place the AirPods inside.
- Enable the cover after 30 seconds.
- In the Settings tab app on your iPhone or iPad, go to the Bluetooth portion, touch the option “next to AirPods”, and then choose to “Forget This Device”.
- Click the startup button on the back of the charging case when the lid is open, the status light flashes.
- After that, consider connecting your AirPods to your Chromebook.
2. Update AirPods:
Why is it necessary to keep your AirPods updated? Repairing vulnerability that has been found and correcting or eliminating program bugs are the reasons behind updates. Updates will bring new functionality to your devices while still removing old ones. It’s also a smart thing to make sure the user interface is up to date while you’re working on it.
- If your AirPods aren’t even in their case, do it now.
- Connect the AirPods charging case to a power source with the provided Lightning to USB cable, or position it on a Qi-compatible wireless charging pad if you have a Wireless Charging Case or AirPods Pro.
- Place the iPhone or iPad that has been combined with the AirPods, which is set charging case,
- Make sure the iOS unit is charged and has a good internet connection.
3. Pair Unpair:
Unpairing your device might reset the AirPods and lead to smooth connectivity. When the AirPods are connected to Chromebook, they might have come across some invisible flights. If you unpair them for once and try pairing again, the linking would be easier and error-free.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- For the connectivity of two devices, you need to toggle on Bluetooth.
- Next to your AirPods, tap the more information tab.
- Select Forget this Device from the drop-down menu.
- To confirm, tap Forget Device.
- To confirm iCloud withdrawal on other users, press Forget User again on your iPhone.
How to Change the Display Name, Forget the Device, and Disconnect your AirPods:
Changing Airpod’s name might help you find your AirPods in the list of wireless devices quickly. You may also change the name of the AirPods to one that best suits your personal taste. These instructions apply to the AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max. Following are the steps that can guide you on how to rename the AirPods.
- The name of AirPods can be changed from the Bluetooth settings of your device.
- You can find the Bluetooth option from the Settings Menu.
- Select the AirPods listing option.
- Select the AirPods name which you wish to change.
- This will open the information about the particular AirPods.
- Type your preferred name in place of the old name.
- Save and exit.
Tips and Tricks:
To forget the device means to reset it from the beginning. Once you visit the device’s Bluetooth settings, you will find all the paired devices, AirPods with the device. To Forget the AirPods, click on the name of the AirPods you wish to Forget or disconnect. In the following step, you can choose one of the options from Forget Device or Disconnect.
Disconnecting your device or refreshing the connectivity by choosing the “Forget device ” options helps establish a new, more smooth working connection with non-apple devices. Even after going through this tutorial, you are not able to connect the device with a Chromebook check if your AirPods are charged. Check whether the AirPods are in good condition.
If the AirPods are showing no sign of LED light when connected to the device, try connecting to some other wireless device to ensure if the Bluetooth is working or not. Bluetooth stays on when you want to connect the device. If none of those measures work, you can unpair your AirPods from your system, reset them, and then reconnect them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Won’t My AirPods Connect to my Chromebook?
Non-updating AirPods could be one of the reasons why they are not connecting to Chromebook.
You have to timely update your AirPods to keep the configuration well working. To link the AirPods with Chromebook, you make sure that your Chromebook is of the latest version. The older version might not support the integration with AirPods.
To update your AirPods, ensure that they are in the charging case. AirPods update only when the charging case is attached to the battery. They can also be updated when they are close to the iPhone or iPad with which they have been coupled.
Authentication Failed While Connecting to AirPods with Chromebook:
There seem to be a plethora of factors why AirPods authentication failed while connected to a Chromebook; furthermore, only a few solutions work. Since you can’t sync your AirPods to your Chromebook, we prefer that you reset them, and please ensure they’re up to date.
Why do My AirPods Say Pairing is Rejected?
Try restarting your system if you encounter an error while connecting or pairing AirPods. You can also manually turn off the Bluetooth and on it from the control panel after a few seconds.
Apple devices have great configuration when it comes to working with other devices. Regardless of what parent the device has, the Apple devices show compatibility with other devices. The article is a way through errors that occur while handling Apple connectivity with non-Apple devices.
Technology is not easy to handle. But if you use tips and tricks to work with the inventions, life would be much easier. In this way, you can now use Apple AirPods without any errors such as connection loss, pairing issue, device, not updates, etc.
There is no certainty that the issues might not occur again, but when you get used to troubleshooting the errors with manual steps, it gets comfortable for users to handle the devices.
By using the solutions mentioned, keep your AirPods linked with the Chromebook. Be a pro at manually handling the errors with quick and easy steps available in the article.