iPhones are multipurpose devices, but the most significant advantage of having an iPhone is its camera performance. iPhones boast of the best video shooting camera featured in a smartphone. When you have such a great camera, it is evident for you to shoot videos and record moments, and keep them alive forever digitally.
If you feel the need to have a single montage or short video of a trip you had or an event you attended, it can be simply done by combining your video clips into a single film.
If you do not know how to merge videos on iPhones, we have designed this guide on how to combine videos on iPhones with simple steps.
How to combine videos on iPhone using software on your iPhone.
- Launch the iMovie application, and then touch “Continue” if you get the Welcome display.
- Select “Create Project.”
- Hit “Movie” when you see the New Project page.
- iMovie launches a stream using your latest photographs and videos in your camera roll. Hit “Media” in the upper left corner.
- Hit “Video,” after which, on the Video tab, touch the video file you want to see. “All” will enlist the entire collection of videos on your smartphone.
- Select a video that you wish to combine with the other. Tick the box in the pop-up. This incorporates the clip into your project.
- Press the box next to any extra films you wish to mix, and then touch the checkbox again to include them in the compilation.
- After including all the videos you choose, go to the lower half of the display and touch “Create Movie.”
- One can preview the movie and insert sequences after any clip on the My Movie pane. To add animations, shift the film sideways till you reach the cut point. Then, you need to hit the transition symbol to pick the animation of your choice.
- Once you are through, touch the “Done” button in the upper left corner of the page.
Videoshop is an iOS app that helps edit videos and offers basic functionalities like combining videos, cropping, adding filters, adding music, and more. Using this app, you can do a lot more, but for now, let’s see how to combine videos on iPhone using Videoshop.
The steps below should show you how to use this software to merge two clips on your iPhone.
- Look for Videoshop on the App Store and install the software on your device.
- After the application is installed, launch it. On the first page, there is a choice labeled Add Clip. When you tap on it, it will enable you to add your first clip to the project.
- After you’ve uploaded your first clip, hit the Add Clip icon once more to include more movies in your project. Select your following clip to blend with the first one.
- Since both clips have been uploaded to the application, hit the Finish icon on the lower-right corner to complete the merging process. When prompted, tap Save To Gallery to store the resultant movie in your album.
- Your combined video footage may now be seen in your video library.
3. Photos Application (iOS 13 or newer)
The iOS 13 version brought many great additions to the Photos application, including mixing multiple Live Photos and keeping them as a new film or presentation. Here is how you can add Live Photos to a movie on iOS 13.
- Start the Photos application, then press the Select icon on the top-right edge of the display.
- Pick the Live Photos you have shot, then hit the Share option in the bottom-left edge of the edge and pick Save As Video.
An impressive alternate to the Videoshop application is the FilmoraGo application. Here is how can you can merge clips on FilmoraGo.
- Launch the video editor FilmoraGo application on your iPhone, press Make New Video from the homepage, and then navigate to the Camera Roll to choose and upload movies from your iPhone into the editor.
- Once the clips have been uploaded to the movie maker, you may play them in the playback pane to ensure they are the clips you want to mix. If you like, you may upload additional clips by using the (+) Add symbol.
- To reorganize the sequence of clips, long press on a short video, then drag and drop it to a different location in the CLIPS area at the lower part of the application’s display.
- Lastly, hit the Store icon in the upper right column to merge and keep the movie on your iPhone.
- First, the combined clips will be kept in the movie creator application. You may select to save it to the iPhone’s Camera Roll or distribute it with another application.
How to combine videos on iPhones using your PC?
We will explain how to combine videos on iPhones with Filmora for Windows in the next section.
- Open Wondershare Filmora on your desktop running on Windows and pick “Import from a Camera or a Phone” from the Import menu.
- In the Import for Device pane, on the left side, you will see the photographs and videos on your iPhone; click on any to view it, then pick it to migrate. Filmora will automatically import it into the Project Media collection.
- Upload all the photographs and clips you wish to mix from the Project Media collection into the timeline. When you have done this, you will notice that the video clips you uploaded are all synchronized in the same sequence.
- Filmora has a plethora of sophisticated tools for modifying video brightness color, adding effects, filters, components, backing audio, and so on. So, once you’ve merged your clips, you may alter them if you like.
- When you’re satisfied with your design, you may save it to your iPhone.To do so, select the “EXPORT” choice from the taskbar and your iPhone as the location.
Here, our list on how to combine videos on iPhone is complete. I have listed down a few of the most widely used applications and methods to do the same.
Making small films and clips of our pics and videos is a fun task, and people tend to enjoy it a lot.
Ever since the lockdown, making montages has gained in popularity. After going through this article, I hope you will make custom montages and short videos, be it for Instagram, YouTube Shorts, TikTok, or just sharing it with your group of friends and family.
I hope you find this article helpful.