Bose is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the greatest headphone brands in the world. They are known for introducing new technologies and producing headphones that are simply the best in terms of sound quality.
If you use Bose headphones, you know their value. So, it gets really annoying when you can not connect Mac to Bose headphones. For the iPhone and Android devices, you get the Bose Connect application that works flawlessly and takes care of any issue while connecting the headphones. However, no such application is available for Macs. Thus, you need to handle it manually.
To simplify things, we have curated a guide on how to connect Bose headphones to Mac. This guide features various methods by which you can establish a connection between your Mac and your Bose headphones, both wired and wireless. Let us first have a look at the different methods to connect Bose headphones to Mac.
Methods to connect Bose headphones to Mac
Bose manufactures two kinds of headphones on the basis of connectivity. You either get a wired headphone with a 3.5mm audio jack or a wireless headphone that works on BlueTooth.
Thus, you must first check which type of headphones you have and then proceed to the suitable method underneath. In this article, we have covered how to connect both wired and wireless headphones.
How to connect Bose headphones to Mac via audio jack?
The simplest method to connect Bose headphones to Mac is via a 3.5mm audio jack. Apple provides an excellent quality audio jack on the Macs so that users can connect their wired headphones and other audio-based accessories.
All you need to do is simply plug the pin of your wired Bose headphone cable into the 3.5mm audio jack, and you are good to go.
Why can I not connect Bose headphones to Mac via audio jack?
If, for some reason, your Mac is unable to detect your headphones, remove the pin from the jack and wipe it with a soft and clean cloth and try again.
If, after repeated attempts, your Mac still refuses to recognize your headphones, there might be some problem with your port, or it may be time to purchase a new pair of headphones.
How to pair and connect your Bose headphones to your Mac for initial use?
Wireless headphones provide a much-needed relief from the tangled wires and the limited cable lengths. They are a boon, especially while travelling.
If you use Bose wireless headphones, you can easily connect them to your Mac via BlueTooth. Here are steps to connect Bose wireless headphones to Mac.
- Find the Apple icon on the menu bar.
- Go to System Preferences.
- In the pop-up box, you will see a BlueTooth icon. Open the BlueTooth dialogue box.
- On the window that pops up, check whether BlueTooth is turned on or not. If BlueTooth is off, make sure to turn it on.
- Now, on your Bose wireless headphones, press and hold the power button so that the headphones start operating in the pairing mode.
- On your Mac, look for the list of available devices to pair. Find your Bose headphones on the list and click on the Connect button located in front of your headphone name.
- Now, in the Devices window, check whether your headphones appear in the connected list or not. If they do, your headphones are paired and ready to use. If they do not, turn off BlueTooth, turn it on again, and repeat the entire pairing process.
Thus, you now know how to connect Bose wireless headphones to Mac.
What to do if I can not connect Mac to Bose headphones wirelessly?
If you find that your Bose wireless headphones are not connecting to your Mac even after repeating the process several times, try connecting them to any other device.
If you are able to pair them successfully, there is an issue with your Mac. If they do not pair with any other device, you need to take your headphones out for a repair.
You might also want to try clearing the list of paired devices and repeat the pairing procedure. This has proved to be a solution for some users. You can also charge your headphones to 100% and then try to connect Mac to Bose headphones.
How to disconnect Bose headphones from your Mac?
If you want to keep your headphones paired and not use them at the moment, you can simply disconnect your headphones without unpairing them.
This will be beneficial as your headphones will connect quickly in the future. Disconnecting your Bose headphones from your Mac is easy. You can do the same by following the procedure given underneath.
- On the menu bar, click on the BlueTooth icon.
- From the menu that drops down, select Open Bluetooth Preferences.
- A Bluetooth window will come on the display. Locate your headphones on this window and right-click on its name. From the pop-up menu, click on Disconnect.
- Your headphones will still show on the menu with Not Connected written below their name.
Thus, you have successfully disconnected your Bose wireless headphones from your Mac without unpairing them. To connect Mac to Bose headphones again, you simply need to click on Open Bluetooth Preferences from the Bluetooth menu, look for your headphones, right-click on the name and choose Connect.
How to unpair Bose headphones from your Mac?
If you no longer wish to use your Bose headphones with your Mac in the near future or fix any connectivity issues, you might want to unpair your Bose headphones from your Mac.
Simply disconnecting does not unpair your headphones. So here are the steps to unpair your headphones.
- Click on the Apple icon.
- Navigate to System Preferences from the list.
- Open the Bluetooth window.
- The Devices window will appear on your screen. Look for the headphones you want to unpair.
- Right-click on the title of your headset to unpair from your Mac. A list will show up.
- From the list, select Remove.
- A dialogue box will appear with a message that you will have to pair your headphones again before using them. Click on Remove once again to unpair your headphones from your Mac.
Thus, you have successfully unpaired your headphones from your Mac. If you wish them again, you will have to connect Bose headphones to Mac again, repeating the entire pairing process to get going.
This brings us to the end of our article on how to connect Bose headphones to Mac. In the article, we have covered various methods to connect different kinds of Bose headphones to your Mac.
As additional information, I have also added how to disconnect and unpair your Bose headphones from Mac. Also, the article includes steps you can take if you are not able to connect your headset to your Mac.
It is advised to keep your Bose headphones paired, even if you are not using them frequently. This makes connecting your headphones fast.
If you use your headphones with many other devices, there is a limit to the number of paired devices that may get exhausted. In that case, you must unpair from a device not used frequently.
Thus, after reading this article, I am confident that you will be able to connect Bose headphones to Mac. I hope you find this article helpful and share it with your family and friends.