12 Best Scanner App for iPhone and iPad
Scanning has been a requirement of people from all walks of life for a long time. With this pandemic, its importance has increased manifolds, be it for submitting online assignments, sending some essential documents to your boss, or submitting a copy of a legal document while filling various forms.
It is not feasible for everyone to buy a dedicated scanner or an all-in-one printer for just one thing. Today, many applications are built for your iPhone that can do these tasks for you in minutes, without any dedicated scanning machine.
Where there are options, there is confusion. So, to help you select the proper scanning application, here we bring you a list containing the best scanner app for iPhones.
Best Scanner App for iPhone and iPad
CamScanner, which claims to give flawless scan quality, deserves to be included in this list.
The document scanner comes with everything you need to scan bills, receipts, notes, business cards, and more with the highest level of clarity possible.
It has auto-enhancing and clever cropping tools to keep the text and images looking sharp.
You can sign papers with ease now that you have an e-signature. The annotation tools may also be used to give your documents a beautiful appearance.
It allows adding a personalized watermark so that your scans stay safe online. With the newly added compatibility with AirPrint, it lets you print your files with ease.
CamScanner is the best free scanner app for iPhones because of the quality and number of features it provides for free.
- It is one of the most renowned and trusted scanning applications.
- It supports OCR.
- It allows you to sign your scans quickly.
- It has an in-built PDF converter that can change different file formats into PDF.
- Sharing your scans on social media, Google classroom, and cloud services is straightforward.
2. Apple Notes
Apple Notes is undoubtedly one of the best free scanner app for iPhones to scan documents, add signatures, and do other paper-related chores.
In recent years, Apple Notes has slowly gained a variety of production capabilities, including the scanning ability using an iPhone’s built-in camera.
You can also utilize Continuity for scanning notes from any of your Apple devices or use the Notes Markup tool to sign a document digitally.
The best part is that Apple Notes is entirely free and firmly integrated into the Apple ecosystem.
- It comes pre-installed on your iPhone.
- It allows you to add text to your scans.
- For simple scanning tasks, it removes the need for a third-party app.
- This application has a very simple approach.
3. Doc Scanner
Docs Scanner scans your papers and converts them to a professional-looking format for viewing. They will seem more natural with clever cropping and improved scan quality in motion.
You may save them as PDF or JPEG after scanning. It also allows you to modify PDF files using four color reproduction methods: B/W, Lighten, Color, and Dark.
The app’s best feature is that you can e-sign any document simply by attaching a signature to your scans. When you need to publish your papers across social networking sites, you may do it immediately through the app, which improves their worth.
- It automatically enhances the quality of your scans.
- It provides you with a few pre-built editing modes for editing your PDF quickly.
- It allows you to add new pages to existing scans.
- It offers Smudge tools and rotation of pages of your scans.
4. Adobe Scan
If you just need to digitize documents regularly, Adobe Scan is a capable smartphone scanning program that can assist you.
It lacks some of the functionality found in some of the other programs on our list, but it is enough for essential paper documents.
Adobe Scan is an easy-to-use program that lets users take crisp and clean PDF scans of documents.
Text recognition is also included in the program, allowing you to generate new contacts from business cards.
The program is free to download and use, but you can get premium features for $9.99 per month, including the ability to merge several scans into one document and convert PDFs to Word or Powerpoint.
- It supports OCR.
- It allows you to edit your scan and improve their quality.
- It can take images from your gallery and convert them into PDFs.
- It has separate sections for IDs, Passports, Documents, and Legal papers.
5. Evernote Scannable
Even while Evernote Scannable isn’t the most feature-rich document scanning tool for iOS, it gets the job done when it comes to scanning documents quickly and precisely.
Scannable automatically improves documents by cutting out undesirable areas and modifying photos to make things a little easier. As a result, the scanned papers will seem clean and legible.
Even in terms of sharing, Scannable has impressed me. The program allows you to share your scanned documents in the form of JPG and PDF files.
This software syncs with Evernote’s version of ScanSnap, allowing you to manage multi-page documents quickly.
It is the best free scan app for iPhone for people who do not want a lot, just a simple app to assist their scanning.
- It automatically rotates and brightens your scans to the best read quality.
- It extracts information from business cards and saves them as a contact on your iPhone.
- It scans almost immediately.
- It provides all primary functions for free.
6. Microsoft Lens
Look no farther than Microsoft Lens if you want a top-rated document scanner for your iOS smartphone for free.
The program has all of the essential tools for digitizing your documents. It also comes with a helpful cropping tool that allows you to edit scanned documents to make them seem more professional.
The Office Lens has OCR technology that automatically recognizes printed documents and handwritten text. You can find words in photographs and also, fine-tune them.
Even better, this capable doc scanner converts photographs to Word, PowerPoint, and PDF, then stores them to OneDrive to keep them safe and accessible across devices.
- It can scan offline.
- It allows you to add annotations.
- It can convert scanned images to PDFs, Word files, and PowerPoint presentations.
- It integrates very well with OneNote making it a handy tool for students.
7. Scanner App
You can’t go wrong with iScanner for simple document scanning, storing, and sharing. The app’s broad compatibility ensures that you may scan a wide range of items, including fax documents, paper notes, receipts, and more.
The scan quality is acceptable. Furthermore, the software offers three scan quality options: low, medium, and HD.
It provides an option to save your scans as JPEG photos, in addition to the regular PDF format, which makes iScanner a convenient tool.
Perfect for when you have a lot of scans to deal with and need to keep them organized.
Not only that, but the software also does a superb job at converting images to text using OCR technology.
- It can comprehend MATH problems and help you search for solutions online.
- It can calculate a room’s area, count a similar number of objects, and scan any QR code.
- It supports OCR.
- It is compatible with all primary cloud services.
- It has a dedicated mode for IDs and Passports.
FineScanner is another full-featured scanning app for iPhones. The sophisticated AI is what sets it apart from many competitors. That’s right, you read it correctly. The app uses AI to scan any text with pinpoint accuracy.
You may save scanned documents in JPEG or PDF formats once you’ve finished scanning them. You may password protect your PDFs to prevent unauthorized users from accessing your sensitive documents.
Your information can be safeguarded and accessed easily across platforms thanks to the interface with several cloud storage providers such as Google Drive, iCloud, and Dropbox. Furthermore, FineScanner is Siri Shortcuts compatible, enabling you to personalize your scanning experience.
- It allows offline OCR for English and online OCR for over thirteen languages.
- It supports many Siri shortcuts.
- It supports AirPrint so that you can print your scans directly.
- It offers a simple editing interface.
- It is the #1 Business application in over ninety nations.
9. Scanner Unlimited
While the iOS App Store is brimming with document scanners, few can provide a simple document scanning experience. And all of this without sacrificing vital features.
Scanner Unlimited is distinguished by its ability to simplify document scanning while guaranteeing that quality is not compromised.
This software is a sophisticated Scanner. It can read barcodes, QR codes, and business cards in addition to papers. It satisfies all of your scanning requirements in a single application.
To avoid incompatibility, the app supports all formats of documents. You may also quickly sign your documents, and you can even add several signatures to a single copy.
You can also share your scanned documents with anybody using the rapid sharing option, which works with WhatsApp, Gmail, Facebook Messenger, and other platforms.
Scanner Unlimited is pretty helpful in terms of OCR since it excels at extracting text from any photo. Not only that, but it also has a PDF converter and the ability to fax a scanned document.
In terms of cost, you may try it out for free for three days to see whether it’s right for you.
It is one of the best scanner app for iPhone if all you need is an easy-to-use multifunctional scanning software.
- It lets you add text to the scanned documents.
- You can put your signature on the papers quickly.
- It scans QR codes as well as Barcodes.
- It supports OCR.
- In addition to scanning, this app allows you to fax your scans worldwide.
10. FP Scanner
FP Scanner is next on our list of the best scanner app for iPhones. FP Scanner identifies and extracts text to digitize with ease, whether it’s business papers, shopping receipts, photographs, ID cards, or anything else.
Furthermore, the top-of-the-line picture processing engine eliminates all distortions and shadows for a faultless appearance.
The best thing is that it can recognize various languages automatically, including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, and others.
It also has handwriting recognition capabilities, and you can easily export scanned documents as PDFs or JPGs. It properly organizes your scanned files to find out what you want easily.
Finally, this program may be used to sign PDF documents. It is undoubtedly the best free scanner app for iPhones.
- This software does not put any watermark on your scans.
- It typically takes just three seconds to export your files.
- It can recognize text in over twenty languages from across the globe.
- It provides a simple yet effective set of PDF editing tools.
11. Genius Scan
Genius Scan appears to be a promising option since it includes a wide range of capabilities.
The program produces high-quality scanned documents quickly by eliminating shadows and correcting distortion.
You do not have to tinker with the cropping or filter tools to achieve the required effects.
The batch scanning option may be pretty helpful when handling many documents. It can scan documents while maintaining clarity.
It also allows you to create multipage PDFs and export your documents to Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, and other cloud sites.
In a nutshell, Genuine Scan will become your go-to document scanning software for your iPhone.
It is one of the best scanner app for iPhones if you need fast and straightforward software with OCR support.
- It allows you to tag paragraphs and images in your document.
- It provides you with an option to encrypt your document.
- It has OCR support.
- It offers options like merging and splitting PDFs.
- Its Smart scanning feature removes shadows and corrects distortion.
The last application on our list of the best scanner app for iPhones is SwiftScan (previously ScanPro).
It is a more comprehensive scanning tool than Adobe Scan or Office Lens, with features such as custom folders for better organization, clever file naming, iCloud synchronization, and automated uploading to over a dozen cloud storage sites.
SwiftScan creates professional-looking scans of a wide range of document formats, including books, business cards, and even photographs.
It can conduct OCR in hundreds of languages, with excellent results, if not the best in class.
The iOS app is based on a pricey subscription model. It costs around $4.99 for a month, while the annual subscription charges are $39.99.
In the end, I believe SwiftScan is only valid for those who require the additional functionality. It is the best scanner app for iPhones if you need so much from a scanning application.
- It scans your document at a high-speed rate.
- It provides you with an option to encrypt your document.
- It supports all primary cloud services.
- It makes editing your scanned PDFs very simple.
- It supports OCR.
Here, our list of the best scanner app for iPhones concludes. The list contains different applications as per people’s needs.
If you are a student, you need an app that is fast, allows you to edit and beautify your scans, and helps you share your scans easily.
If you are an office employee, you need accurate software, which provides you with an option to sign your scans and offers encryption. I hope this list helps you choose the most suitable scanning application for you.